We are committed to ensuring your privacy
At RideOnVoltz, we promise to protect our customers’ data and only use it for the purpose it is collected for. Our customer’s privacy is very important for us and we will never take any actions that would sabotage or put our customers safety at risk. We ensure all our customers that we are extremely mindful when it comes to data protection laws and all the information gathered about our customers during the time when the services have been provided, will always be used and dealt with confidentiality.
Telephone: 020 3859 7401
Post: 33 Parliament street, Peterborough, PE1 2LS
Lodging a complaint
Every individual who is our customer has the authority to practise their rights and file a complaint against us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues if they feel that their personal data is being misused. However, we would appreciate it if we get a chance to hear your concerns first in order to clear any misunderstandings or rectify our faults if need be.
In this section we will share our updated policies along with the date the revisions were implemented. It is important to note that any revised policy will be put into effect immediately and will only be applied to the data collected after the policy is implemented. It is highly advised to check this section before making any purchase so that you are aware how your data is being used.
Customer information updates
It is essential for all our customers to keep us informed about any changes in their data that has been shared with us. Please make sure that you keep us in the loop for any changes in your personal info during your relationship with us. Thank you!
What information do we collect?
What is personal information?
Personal data refers to any information with the use of which an individual can be identified. This may include (but is not limited to) Name, address, telephone number, credit card details etcetera. It does not include any kind of anonymous data. In order to read more on what personal data means you may visit the official website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
RideOVoltz collect, store and share the following information shared by you:
- Identity Data: Customer’s first name and last name.
- Contact Data: Customer’s delivery address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: Customer’s partial payment card details only.
- Transaction Data: Customer’s details about payments to and from the customer and other details of products and services the customer has purchased from or through us.
- Technical Data: Customer’s internet protocol (IP) address (a public number unique to the customer’s device), your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices the customer uses to access our website.
- Profile Data: Customer’s username and password, purchases or orders made by the customer, their interests, preferences, feedback and any survey responses.
- Usage Data: Customer’s information about how they use our website, our products and our services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Customer’s preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and their communication preferences.
RideOnVoltz does collect data regarding your race ethnicity, religion or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic biometric data and any kind of criminal convictions and offences. While using our website or while making contact with us via any other means, please make sure that you do not share such information with us. You should have an understanding that this kind of personal data is more sensitive and is more heavily protected by data protection legislation, so you should avoid including this kind of data if possible.
Laslty, our website is not intended for individuals under 16 years old and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect our customer’s personal data during different stages of the customer journey. We collect data in the following manner:
Direct interactions: – RideOnVoltz will collect personal data directly from the customer when they give us their Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile and Marketing Communications Data.
This includes the personal information provided when the customer:
- Creates an account on the website;
- Submits any information through the website;
- Use the live chat function of the website;
- Makes any purchase from us;
- Returns a product or requests a refund;
- Attends events organised by us or on our behalf;
- Requests marketing or updates to be sent to the customer through subscription to our service;
- Enters a competition, promotion or survey;
- Gives us feedback or make a complaint; or
- Makes contact with us by any other means including telephone, email and post in order to submit a query to us of any nature.
Automated technologies or interactions – As mentioned earlier, we gather aggregated data as well. Which is collected while the customer is interacting with the website. Such usage data is automatically collected as it helps us understand how our customers interact with our website and what devices/equipment are being used. We use the following technologies to help us collect this type of personal data:
- Cookies: These are data files downloaded onto the customer’s device (eg. Computer) when they access a website. It allows the website to recognise the device and store some information about their preferences and past actions.
- Log Files: These track actions occurring on the site and collect data such as the customer’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Tags: Electronic files used to record information about how the customer browse the site
If you fail to provide personal data
In any case a customer is unable to provide any personal information which is required by law in order for us to provide them our services, we will not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter with them. In such a case, we may have to cancel their order or service they have requested but we will notify them if this is the case at the time.
How do we use the personal information?
Under data protection laws we are only permitted to use customers’ personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so as set out in the data protection laws. We will only use their personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use our customer’s personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a contract with our customer;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and our customer’s interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- With our customer’s consent (for example, in relation to sending marketing communications to them via email), which they have the right to withdraw at any time by contacting us using the contact details above.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
There are a number of lawful ways we can utilise your personal data. We have listed them below:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for our customer and for their computer;
- to allow our customer to participate in interactive features of our service, when they choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve our audience, and to deliver relevant advertising to them;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to our customers and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest them.
Disclosures of personal data
Moreover, we require all our third parties to respect the security of our customer’s personal data and to treat it in accordance with the data protection laws. We do not allow our third party service providers to use any personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process customer’s personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Under ordinary circumstances, we will never disclose any of the personal data that we have collected. However, there may be instances where it is required of us to share our customers’ personal information. These may include:
- Where we are legally required to disclose the information, for example because a court orders us to do so;
- Where the disclosure of the personal data is required for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime. This includes sharing the personal data with tax authorities and law enforcement agencies;
- Where we need to disclose the personal data for the purpose of or in connection with any legal proceedings, or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or the disclosure is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- Where disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interests (for example if you are unwell at one of our stores, we may need to seek medical assistance); and
- Where we may share the personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets if we reorganise our business. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them.
Our team at RideOnVoltz has taken very strict security measures to ensure that no personal data of our customer is compromised, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Moreover, only those employees, agents and other third parties access this information who have a business need to know. They will only process the personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
When an order is placed through the Site, we will maintain the Order Information for our records unless and until we are asked to delete the information provided
Each customer has a number of rights in relation to their personal data. They can practise their rights within certain legal parameters, to:
- Be informed about how we use the personal data;
- Obtain access to their own personal data that we hold;
- Request that their personal data is corrected if they believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
- Ask us to erase their personal data in certain circumstances;
- Ask us to restrict our information processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Ask us to transfer or port elements of their personal data to them or another service provider in a commonly used electronic format;
- Object to our processing of their personal data;
- Not be subject to automated decisions about their and to request human intervention; and
- Not be subject to automated decisions about their and to request human intervention; and
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details above.